Well....Well....Well......What do we have here? If it isn't Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd as the new faces advertising for the launch of Samsung Galaxy. Not only is this commercial lacking the comedic tastes of both Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd, it was evident they didn't contribute much to the script of the commercial. Other websites and blogs have further lead me to believe that the majority of the people who got to view this commercial during the Superbowl found it tasteless and boring, and didn't really relate back to the product.
I've yet to find a viable resource that has released information i was looking to find such as how much Seth and Paul were paid to endorse the product, as well as how they were even chosen to represent Samsung Galaxy in the commercial.
The YouTube video above is the FULL version of the commercial. I myself, did not see the version of this commercial that was aired during the Superbowl. From what I did see, I found this commercial to be clever and witty. Although it was lacking raunchy comedy from the likes of these two actors/comedians, we are so used to seeing them in movies that make our sides split. I think the overall hype this commercial received PRIOR to the official airing for the Superbowl, set people up for excitement, but left them in disappointment. Not to mention that Samsung spent a whopping $1.1 BILLION dollars to find "the next big thing". This was also the "hash tag" that was used to generate a response from the commercial after it aired. People were asked to hash tag #thenextbigthing on twitter to see what kind of exposure Samsung received for airing a commercial during the Superbowl.
My question to you is: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS COMMERCIAL!?
No comments:
Post a Comment